Regulation and risks with asbestos
Regulations require property owners, employers and property managers to identify asbestos at facilities they currently own or manage. Whether the property is undergoing refinancing or redevelopment, the owner needs to know the financial risks and scheduling impacts associated with hazardous building materials. If these materials are identified during the project planning phase or the environmental phase of overall due diligence, the costs and scheduling impacts can be effectively planned and managed.
How The Sigma Group can help
- Pre-renovation and pre-demolition
- Periodic condition surveillance
- Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) six-month periodic surveillance
- AHERA three-year re-inspections
- Abatement conceptual budgeting
- Abatement observation and monitoring
- Abatement plans and specifications
- Contract administration
Asbestos-containing materials such as roof tiles (left), insulation and surfacing are still used in building components.
Fibers: Asbestos contamination in buildings can be a major environmental issue.
- AHERA asbestos management plans
- Air clearance monitoring
- Develop facility asbestos management policies
- OSHA two-hour training
- Pre-purchase due diligence
- Pre-renovation and demolition
- Compliance with AHERA
About this service.