Buildings don’t last forever
Time takes its toll on equipment and buildings. In some cases, building components and equipment fail well before the end of their useful life. More troubling are instances where components fail to perform as intended shortly after construction.
There are numerous causes of these failures and non-performing events including:
- Inappropriate design for intended function
- Materials selection and compatibility
- Workmanship during construction
- Lack of preventative maintenance
- Differing conditions from design intent
- Unintended usage
These factors and more may play a part in a non-functional or failed building element. In our years of building condition investigations, The Sigma Group has seen all types of issues for building owners and examples of the drivers for failure or not meeting expectations. Identifying the issues and causative agents is the first step toward developing meaningful, long lasting solutions.
Sigma has investigated failed building elements and equipment including:
- Concrete and concrete placement
- Curtain wall systems and water intrusion
- Concrete floors and coatings
- Building envelope construction and protection
- Vibration analysis and effects
- Building settling
- Building masonry failures
- Roofing evaluations
- Mechanical systems analyses
Sigma provides reliable and efficient analysis of non-performing building and mechanical systems though our owner’s representative services. Our experience base is enhanced by having conducted hundreds of property condition assessments, as well as facility maintenance assessments.
- There are currently no project write-ups for this service.
About this service.