Sigma manages civil engineering and master infrastructure
Located along Bluemound Road and Interstate 94, The Corridor is a significant development opportunity in the City of Brookfield. The 66-acre site was master planned for retail, office and mixed-use. The Sigma Group worked with the City and the developer over two years to secure project approval, which included TIF financing supporting the public infrastructure and site amenities.
The first phase of the project included design and construction of all site master infrastructure. This effort was significant as the site was an undeveloped farm field and considerable infrastructure was required to prepare for development.
- Approximately 3,000 linear feet of roadway including public water, storm, and sanitary.
- Master stormwater system sized for full site buildout.
- Extension of bike trail through site including future creek crossing.
- New full access lighted intersection from Bluemound Road.
In addition to design of the site public infrastructure, Sigma worked closely with the City and the developer to protect these special elements of the site:
- Relocation and reconstruction of an existing barn and farm house as future public space.
- Designed buffer adjacent to existing Underwood Creek and adjacent wetlands.
Sigma was not only engaged in the master infrastructure, but also provided all civil engineering and survey services for the site development of future buildings.