Preparing sites for development
Demolition Planning and Abatement is crucial in preparing sites for redevelopment. Demolition is the first step in redeveloping properties with facilities that are obsolete or at the end of their usefulness. Decommissioning, abatement and razing are early site preparation activities that must be managed in an environmentally responsible manner to optimize opportunities to recycle, minimize waste disposal and control surrounding impacts.
Sigma knows demolition
The Sigma Group blends technical abilities and seasoned experience in environmental and civil / site engineering to prepare sites for redevelopment. Our approach in demolition management and planning focuses on minimizing disruption to surrounding operations, satisfying regulation requirements and minimizing waste disposal by seeking recycling and reuse strategies for demolition materials.
Hazardous material and waste management
- Testing and segregation of compatible wastes, residues and debris
- Comprehensive asbestos inspection, project design and on-site abatement oversight
- Apply standards established by OSHA, NESHAP and other regulators, while helping define abatement requirements and control activities
Waste minimization and recycling
- On-site decontamination, recycling and consolidation of similar wastes to reduce quantities requiring off-site disposal, and maximizing beneficial reuse including masonry, metal, asphalt and wood processing
Sigma brings efficiency to demolition taking advantage of opportunities to optimize reuse, salvage and recycling to save money and time. Efficient practices like on-site concrete aggregate crushing reduce hauling costs and material needs.
- On-site treatment of contaminated materials, decontamination rinsates, wastewater and residuals
Salvage and asset recovery
- Assist with liquidating assets and reuse of building materials
- Removal of waste residues, dismantling of manufacturing equipment, ventilation systems, waste storage facilities and building infrastructures
Transportation and disposal
- Removal and secure disposal at permitted off-site treatment recycling and disposal facilities
- Former Apartment Building
- Former Milwaukee Road/Shops Development
- Harley-Davidson Museum Project
- Hometown, Inc.
- Wispark, LLC
- Former Crane Manufacturing Facility
- Froedtert Hospital
- County Stadium/Miller Park
- Milwaukee County Department of Transportation and Public Works
- North End Development
- Providence Place
- Village of Shorewood
- Washington County Highway Department
About this service.