Achieve your design-build expectations
The Sigma Group design-build systems provide the owner / developer with the most efficient, fastest turn around time, and true value for their development dollar. Typical site development projects present the owner / developer with considerable unknowns that impact project schedules and costs due to numerous factors (varying soil conditions, utility coordination, weather, agency permitting, local municipality coordination, approvals). Having one entity responsible for site investigation, design, agency coordination, approvals and construction reduces potential coordination conflicts. It also assures best overall value of the finished product for the conditions and delivers consistent, quality finished site development projects as fast as possible.
Sigma design-build expertise brings results
- Provides realistic schedule and cost information to the owner / developer for each phase of the project from concept phase to finished construction while managing expectations of the owner / developer with accountable, value-added information.
- Minimizes site investigation costs of existing conditions by understanding variables that truly impact finished product quality, cost and schedule.
- Best suited to present constructible alternatives with accurate cost and schedule impacts during design development phase.
- Best opportunity to truly realize value-engineering savings without impacting quality or life cycle costs.
- Team has accountability and responsibility to make secure permits and approvals helping avoid potential costs due to possible changes required or costs associated with downtime while awaiting approvals.
- Avoids potential field “redesign” by contractors (municipality-specific design requirements).
- Ensures complete coordination of all utility connections to existing systems and future expansions.
- Ensures complete coordination and most efficient use of resources during design and construction activities. The team is accountable to each other and avoids owner / developer involvement in disputes.
- Provides potential for owner / developer to realize savings in municipal inspection fees.
- Allows for changed site conditions, or owner / developer requested changes, to be managed appropriately. The team reacts to changes, discovered or requested, with minimal impact to project cost and schedule.
- Assures accurate as-built documentation provided to owner / developer.
- Avoids multiple contracts for design, utility, grading and paving construction.
- Saves owner / developer management time and resources with single point of contact for traditionally several contracted entities (one proposal, one contract, one invoice).
- Provides faster process to deliver finished project than conventional design-bid-build process, which translates into lower carrying costs for owners / developers and greater return on investment.
Based on our experience in assisting owners with large and small along with routine to complicated site development projects, Sigma and its team are well-qualified to provide complete design-build services for your site development project.
Sigma handles the details
Our experts know what questions to ask and which challenges to anticipate in order to achieve maximum efficiency and cost reduction throughout the course of your project.
About this service.