Improve operational performance
Effective management of environmental, health and safety (EHS) requirements is necessary for maintaining productive, sustainable operations. A sound EHS compliance and management program provides a means to avert problems and delays, reduce liability, avoid costs and present a positive image to the community. To that end, environmental and safety audits are effective tools for understanding, evaluating, and verifying EHS compliance, EHS management systems, EHS initiatives, as well as liabilities and risks.
Cost-effective evaluations of facility requirements for:
- Written programs (spill plans, emergency plans, pollution prevention plans)
- Other practices (chemical storage, hazard assessments, exposure evaluations)
The Sigma Group is your single source for conducting EHS compliance assessments
- Experienced staff along with well developed regulating agency relationships
- Qualified staff dedicated to understanding regulations and client perspectives
- Understanding industrial processes
- Understanding full spectrum of EHS staffing resources
Sigma will evaluate your EHS program performance. An outside perspective may be just the thing to identify gaps and recommend improvements.
In addition to EHS compliance assessments, Sigma conducts the following types of audits/evaluations:
- Carbon Footprint Assessments: Determine Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions in equivalent CO2 in accordance with GHG Protocol.
- Life Cycle Assessment: Evaluate environmental footprint associated with products, processes and/or activities.
- Management System Audits: Review strategic plan and management systems to determine the effectiveness of policy, planning, operation, corrective action and review in ensuring environmental responsibility.
- Pollution Prevention Audit: Identify opportunities to minimize waste, reduce resource consumption, prevent pollution and save money.
- Site Assessments: Due diligence to determine environmental liabilities and risks associated with owning real estate.
- TSDF / Contractor Audit: Assess status of facilities / firms and determine risk assumed and reliability.
Basic assessment steps:
- Determine present status
- Complete “gap analysis” and prioritize
- Identify corrective actions to close gaps
- Assign and implement corrective actions
- Develop systems to document progress and reassess status
About this service.