Having a tool that “does it all” is the goal. The issue is that the phrase “does it all” means different things to different people. Many commercial systems and packages that are useful and effective may lack certain capabilities or do not integrate well with an owner’s existing management system.
One solution is to adopt an asset management tool flexible enough to be modified by the owner without spending a lot of money on costly software or hardware. Flexibility and compatibility are the keys. Employing an Arc-GIS-based platform enables the owner to customize the model for a wide variety of functions, providing the capability of linking to existing facility systems and information.
The GIS-based model has unlimited potential. Our customers have used the model to evaluate space restrictions and conflicts when looking at facility modifications or equipment additions. It adds value in facility management, capital planning, condition of assets mapping, and compliance management.
GIS-based model can link up the following:
- Facility as-built information
- Construction details and specifications
- Service and repair records
- Vendor information
- Preventative maintenance information
- Security systems (history and real-time)
- Safety information
- Environmental compliance
- Expected life and replacement cost
- Energy Utilization Database
- Inspection reports
- Emergency Management
- There are currently no project write-ups for this service.
About this service.