Sigma represents Kenosha News building project
Kenosha News selected The Sigma Group as their owner’s representative for the renovation of their existing newsroom/production facility. The project budget of approximately $3 million included a new building entrance addition, production equipment relocation, and new interior finished and layout changes to optimize space and improve public image. As part of the renovation, selective demolition was also necessary. The owner selected a design/bid/build process for this project.
Services provided by Sigma include:
- Negotiation of contract with the architect / engineer design firm
- Managing the design development process by contributing construction experience
- Establishing project budget
- Value engineering
- Evaluating general contractor bids
- Monitoring construction progress
- Reviewing certificates of payment and change orders
- Managing the punch list / contract close out process
In addition to the owner’s representation activities provided for the Kenosha News Facility project, Sigma also performed a site survey to assist the owner in obtaining City plan commission approval, performed an environmental review of a former leaking underground storage tank that was at the location of the new building entrance addition and conducted an asbestos and lead paint survey necessary prior to selective demolition.