Elite Finishing, LLC
Elite Finishing, a chrome plating facility, purchased as a Brownfield site and was awarded a Wisconsin Dept. of Commerce grant to assist in the environmental remediation and building restoration. The project budget of approximately $3.5 million included all required environmental remediation, abatement, due diligence and razing of select on-site buildings, as well as construction expansion of a 25,000 SF facility building on a 1.25-acre site located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- As the environmental and civil site engineer, Sigma was charged with design, plan development, and construction management for the following:
- A site grading plan, including building footprint, roads and parking lot grading, and a Department of Natural Resources-approved soil management plan.
- A site utility plan, including water service, sanitary sewers and storm sewers.
- A site lighting plan for roads and parking lots.
- A site paving plan for roads and parking lots, including sub-grade stabilization, sidewalks, and truck dock aprons.
- A demolition plan for partial removal and rehabilitation of an existing building.
- A site landscaping plan for the overall site.
Sigma Development, as the Owner’s Representative, coordinated release of bid packages, negotiated the contracts for the civil site construction, and was responsible for contractor coordination, construction monitoring and review of application for payments.
Sigma completed a review of available environmental investigation data and worked with Elite in obtaining a Brownfield grant. Sigma facilitated the use of beneficial reuse material as subgrade material at the site. In addition to these activities, Sigma oversaw the removal and closure of an existing underground storage tank system.
Sigma’s responsibilities also included a review of O&M materials, as-built drawings and all closeout documentation, managing the building turnover process, punch list management and building commissioning.