Sigma helps anticipate potential expenses
A Property Condition Assessment (PCA) is a standardized process established by ASTM Method E2018 to evaluate the physical condition of property improvements and provide professional opinions regarding future anticipated repair or replacement costs associated with identified conditions. The process includes a visual walk-through to observe existing conditions, interviews with owners, operators, and tenants, and review of available construction documents and building department records.
Evaluating current conditions and needs
PCA reports provide a description of the facility and review of the following building components:
- Exterior walls, windows and roof systems
- Fire protection systems
- Interior finishes
- Mechanical and electrical systems
- Site improvements (paving, curbs, walks, fences, walls, drainage)
- Structural systems
Sigma provides architectural and engineering (mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire / life safety) evaluations of existing building systems and site improvements to assess their physical condition, general code compliance, capacities / adequacies, repair and maintenance issues, recommended replacements, capital expenditures, and opinions of probable costs for corrective action.
Let Sigma show you what you don’t see. Sigma has experience performing PCAs at facilities for buyers, owner-operators, tenants, insurance companies, and traditional lenders.
Benefits available from PCAs include:
- Independent evaluation of the physical condition of the facility
- Ability to avoid unforeseen ownership costs prior to purchase
- Developing useful life and potential improvement costs and implementation schedule
Pre-Purchase Due Diligence Packages
Sigma can provide a PCA as part of a pre-purchase due diligence package that includes these other activities:
- 2016 Minimum Standard Detail Requirement for ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys adopted by American Land Title Association and National Society of Professional Surveyors
- Asbestos and Lead Inspections
- Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessment
Sigma provides these PCA-related services:
- Energy audits
- Facility Maintenance Assessments
- LEED® certification assistance
- Project management of repair or replacement work
About this service.