achieve your expectations
Sigma’s Design/Build services provide the Owner/ Developer with the most hassle free, fastest turn around time and true value for their development dollar. Typical site development projects present the owner/developer with considerable unknowns that impact project schedules and costs due to numerous factors (i.e., varying soil conditions, utility coordination, weather, agency permitting, local municipality coordination, approvals). Having one entity responsible for site investigation, design, agency coordination, approvals and construction of the site development portion of a project reduces potential coordination conflicts. It also assures best overall value of the finished product for the given conditions and delivers consistent, quality finished site development projects in the shortest time possible.
sigma’s design/build expertise produces results you want
- Provides realistic schedule and cost information to the Owner/Developer for each phase of the project from the concept phase to finished construction while managing the expectations of the owner/developer with accountable, value added information.
- Better suited to minimize site investigation costs of existing conditions by understanding variables that truly impact finished product quality, cost and schedule.
- Better suited to present constructible alternatives with accurate cost and schedule impacts during the design development phase of the project.
- Best opportunity to truly realize value-engineering savings on a project without impacting quality or life cycle costs.
- Team has accountability and responsibility to make sure all permits and approvals are in place, therefore, avoiding potential costs due to changes required for approvals or costs associated with downtime while waiting for approvals.
- Avoids potential field “re-design” by contractors (i.e., municipality specific design requirements).
- Insures complete coordination of all utility connections both to existing systems and future expansions.
- Insures complete coordination and most efficient use of resources during design and construction activities. The team is accountable to each other and does not put Owner/ Developer in the middle of disputes.
- Provides potential for owner/developer to realize savings in municipal inspection fees.
- Allows for changed site conditions, or Owner/Developer requested changes, to be managed appropriately. The team can react to changes, discovered or requested, with minimal impact to project cost and schedule.
- Assures accurate as-built documentation provided to Owner/Developer.
- Avoids multiple contracts for design, utility, grading and paving construction.
- Saves Owner/Developer management time and resources with a single point of contact for traditionally several contracted entities (one proposal, one contract, one invoice).
- Provides faster process to deliver finished project than conventional design-bid-build process, which translates into lower carrying costs for Owners/Developers and therefore a greater return on their investment.
Based on our experience in assisting owners with large and small, routine to complicated site development projects, Sigma and its design/build team is well-qualified to provide complete design/build services for your site development project.
Sigma handles the details
Our experts know what questions to ask and challenges to anticipate in order to achieve the maximum efficiency and cost reduction throughout the course of your project.