Sigma builds new County maintenance facility
washington county, wisconsin
The Washington County Highway Department completed construction of a new vehicle maintenance facility to replace an obsolete highway shop. The Sigma Group served as the County consulting engineer to plan and oversee demolition of this old highway shop and restoration of the site as a 200-vehicle lighted parking lot for the adjoining Courthouse and County Administration Complex.
Services provided by Sigma include:
- Conducted hazardous materials survey for lead-based paint, UST / ASTs, oil, refrigerants and PCBs including stained concrete analysis.
- Performed NESHAP compliant pre-demolition asbestos inspection of highway shop facility including boiler room, stack and vehicle maintenance areas.
- Developed conceptual demolition plan for presentation to County officials.
- Prepared cost opinions for demolition and abatement.
- Prepared contract documents using CSI format.
- Coordinated bid review and contractor selection.
- Oversaw abatement activities involving air clearance monitoring, waste management testing and observation of contractor waste practices.
- Provided project oversight during abatement and demolition including bi-weekly project meetings, meeting minutes, change order processing, pay application review, final inspection and project close-out documentation.
- Investigated extent of contaminated soil.
- Developed soil management plan under restricted use agreement with Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources.